Monday 2 June 2014

My little love (Year Five)



November 2, 2007  ( almost five!)

Dearest Christianna,

You are my little love - with a heart filled with big love!  We were making sentences out of word cards yesterday in preschool.  You said you wanted to write "I love my mommy" for your sentence.  You and daddy have been practicing your bike riding and today you rode all down our street by yourself! You were pretty excited and I was pretty proud - before you are even five years old!  You have been helping Katriya lately when she wakes up by going to her crib and singing, playing or reading books with her.  She is even learning how to play "Polly" dolls with you and you always get her blanket for her when she cries.

I have really treasured being able to watch you and Acacia be sisters and best of friends.  You spend hours imagining with the farm or Pollys.  But even more than that you are learning and delighting in serving one another and helping with each other's chores, or getting something for each other from the table, or getting each other's clothes.  It delights my heart and even more Jesus' heart.  Thank you for being my daughter.

I love you,
Mommy

Novermber 4

You rode your bike again today all by yourself - and I wish I could somehow capture the pure delight and excitement and determination all rolled into one that was on your face - you literally zoomed past Acacia pedaling as fast as your little legs could carry you with daddy trying his best to run and catch up to you.

Wow!  :)
Teaching "little ones" preschool

No comments:

Post a Comment