Friday 23 May 2014

Radiant Smile (Year One)

This is an excerpt from Christianna's journal, written to her periodically by Mommy


July 26,2003 (8 months old)

Dear Christianna,

You are such a precious, beautiful girl.  Already your beauty shines radiantly through your smile.  Your Oma syas youare alwasy smiling so easily.  At the beginning of this month you started saying "mama".  I love to hear you say it, and I always try to respond with lots of excitement.  You are communicating more these days with your eyes and tones of your voice.   This week you started waving backwards, what fun!  You are now quite good at pulling yourself to standing and scooting around a bit.  I think you will be so excited to be crawling and not just confined to where we put you.

All my love,
Mommy




August 24, 2003 (9 months)

Dear Christianna,

You are full of joy - I am enjoying starting to see your personality become more interactive.  Your sister is the best at getting you to squeal and smile.  She will play "Boo!" with you and tickle your tummy - sometimes she just dances and sings for you - you seem to know its meant just for you and you love it.  You started crawling right on your 9 month birthday - it was a victorious day for you as you have been working hard to get your body going where your mind wants to explore.  You seem much more content now.  I love to watch you - you still have to think about getting your knee up under your body and making it work.

We went for a walk today at the nature center.  You loved all the trees and things to watch and I let oyu chew on a stick.  When you got sleep you leaned your head against my chest.  How precious these days are.  I love your zest for life.  May it be translated into zest and zeal for Jesus as you grow.

I love you precious one,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment